At Riverside Nursery, we consider the safety of your child to be our first priority.
The main front door of the Nursery is always locked. To gain entry, all parents and visitors must press the bell to be granted access by a member of the Nursery staff. Our entrance hall and reception area leads into the Main Office which is monitored by our Administration Manager, Lisa Holden and the Nursery Manager Leanne Brown.
All parents and visitors will need to proceed through a secondary security door to gain access to the playrooms. Entry will be authorised by a member of the Nursery staff. The Nursery benefits from a number of security cameras which link to a CCTV recording system in the main Office.
This enables Nursery Management to monitor activities around the outside of the Nursery, in the outdoor play areas and in the Nursery reception area.
Below is a selection of the various safety measures that we have in place throughout the Nursery.
Security At Riverside Nursery
- We operate a strict ‘Collection policy’ to determine who is authorised to collect your child
- There is a separate temperature-controlled hot water supply to the taps in the children’s bathrooms to ensure that the water is not too hot
- Safety ‘finger-shields’ are fitted to all doors accessible to the children to prevent trapped fingers
- Fire alarms, smoke alarms & emergency lighting to aid a rapid escape from the building are fitted as standard
- We operate a ‘No Shoe’ policy within the Baby Suite to maintain the cleanliness of the flooring where the babies crawl
- There is under floor heating throughout the Nursery to minimise any risk of accident from radiators
- The outdoor areas comply with our strict safety-first policy also
- ALL Nursery staff obtain a positive ‘enhanced’ DBS clearance prior to commencing work at Riverside
- Our outdoor play areas are totally enclosed by high fencing and locked gates to prevent unauthorised entry
- Risk assessments are carried out daily, both indoors and outdoors to ensure the safety of our equipment and premises