Lessons at Splash – Give your child a lifetime of confidence in the water.
Our pool is eco-friendly and better for the environment and visitors by being completely bacteria and infection free! This means that the pool is perfectly suited for babies and small children with delicate skin. It can also provide some relief to asthma and allergy sufferers compared to a normal chlorine pool.
Instructors are fully qualified to ASA/STA Level 2 which includes lifesaving techniques.
Our Lessons are organised into 7 distinct stages, detailed below.
This stage is for beginners who require water confidence and are new to the water environment. By the end of stage one participants will be able to:
- Enter and exit the water safely
- Understand pool safety
- Float and travel on their front and back
This stage is for participants who are confident in the water and are able to move freely without any adult assistance. By the end of stage two participants will be able to:
- Submerge face
- Jump in the pool
- Swim 10m without aids
- Rotate, push and glide
This stage is for participants that can swim unaided for a minimum of 10m and are water confident. By the end of stage three participants will be able to:
- Swim 10m on their back
- Fully submerge to retrieve an object
- Push and glides with extended arms and Maintain a streamlined position
This stage is for participants that can swim competently on their fronts and back and are confident in submerging. By the end of stage four participants will be able to:
- Perform front crawl, breaststroke, backstroke, butterfly and leg kick efficiently
- Perform a tuck float
- Perform a sculling action for 5m
This stage is for participants that can perform all four strokes to a basic standard and be confident floating and sculling. By the end of stage five participants will be able to:
- Perform 3 different jumps
- Perform 10m of front crawl, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly
- Perform a handstand and tred water
This stage is for participants that can perform all four strokes competently and be confident treding water. By the end of stage six participants will be able to:
- Perform breaststroke, frontcrawl, backstroke, and butterfly with correct breathing for a distance of 10m each stroke
- Be able to swim confidently with clothes on
- Perform a surface dive
This stage is for participants that can perform all four strokes efficiently with the correct breathing. By the end of stage seven participants will be able to perform four strokes, for 25m.